The best way to explore New York is by bike, because you get to interact with the city in a way that feels more personal. On this tour we explore two things that New York is known for, its pizza and it’s bridges. And if you enjoy eating pizza as much as we do, you won’t leave our tour hungy!
Our tour starts in Greenwich Village the most pizza diverse neighborhood in NYC, where we’ll visit the city’s oldest and America’s first licensed pizzeria, Lombardi’s pizza, that continues to produce perfectly charred pies just as it did over a century ago in its original coal-fired oven. Manhattan’s Little Italy played a big role in pizza’s rise to stardom in America and the world over. Man, history sure tastes great!
Shifting gears we’ll travel back in time while riding over the Manhattan Bridge on our way to Brooklyn. From a historical perspective, you will experience Brooklyn’s original cobblestone streets while gazing up at Manhattan’s magical skyline. After enjoying the waterfront we then travel back to Manhattan by way of the Brooklyn Bridge but first allow us to share the secret staircase that leads us up onto the bottom of the bridge. While pedaling toward Manhattan you’ll experience New York’s magnificent skyline from a totally differnet perspetive. We can assure you there is no better vantage point to witness the development of lower Manhattan than high above the East River so get your camera’s ready. Then its onto a few of our hand-picked Pizzaria’s by-the-slice for a taste of todays modern day NYC pizza.
If you love pizza, enjoy bike riding and always wanted to know more about NYC’s rich history, this is the tour for you.
the Bike tour includes:
- Bike Rentals, Helmets and equipment
- 3 hours of biking, bridges and pizza tasting
- Pizza tasting at both Lombardi’s and a few of New York’s most popular pizza by-the-slice pizzaria’s
- Sights of Historic Greenwich Village, Little Italy and Brooklyn (Dumbo)
- Guidance by a safe & seasoned expert tour guide
Tour highlights include:
- Americas oldest pizzeria dating back to 1905-Lombardi’s
- Secret entrance to the Brooklyn Bridge
- Sights and sounds of NYC and the Brooklyn Waterfront
- Views of lower Manhattan from high a top the Brooklyn Bridge