Explore The Apple is proud to announce our Downtown Street Art Bike Tour is now open for yet another successful season of bike touring. Tickets are currently available for purchase with tour dates starting as early as May 14th.
Come journey with us into the little known artistic world of The Lower East Side, Little Italy & Chinatown on a bike tour adventure you’ll never forget. Relax as we glide along the streets of New York on comfortable and easy to ride Brompton bicycles, photographing amazing street art along the way. We’ll also share the history of graffiti and street art while uncovering who these amazing artists are as we weave our way up and down some of the most fascinating streets in Manhattan.
Starting downtown we’ll venture into the LES (lower east side) to experience a unique street culture, and the spawning of whats known as the #100 gatesproject (started by Pro skateboarder Billy Rohan). We will share the story behind the project as well as the brilliant work being done by various artists who have been legally commissioned to spray paint roll down metal gates for the many local businesses in the LES.
Then its onto Chinatown & Little Italy, to witness how two different cultures co-exist side-by-side. Here we’ll experience first hand the diverse types of street art as well as New York’s largest wall murals.
We’ll also make a pit-stop at Cafe Roma on Mullbery Street, a Little Italy Institution, to taste some beautiful New York City Italian Pastry & coffee. There we can share our favorite street art prior to the completion of our tour.
Bike tour includes:
- Bike Rentals, Helmets and equipment
- 2.5 hours of biking, touring, street art, pastry tasting, adventure and fun!
- The history of graffiti & street art including legendary british artists such as Robbo & Banksy, as well as local & international talent
- Sights and sounds of the Lower East Side, Chinatown & Little Italy
- Guidance by a safe & seasoned expert tour guide
Tour highlights include:
- The Lisa Project, I Luv NY, Lady Liberty & Donald Trump
- The #100 Gates Project on the LES
- Hidden Gems & Secret Street Art
- Sights and sounds of NYC
- Views of NYC Icons from most any location
Note: We can store clothing, bags etc in our storage facility while biking. Whatever else we can do to accommodate you please let us know in advance!